Saturday, January 30, 2010

appreciate the quiet while you can

Walking to the village bus stop at 5:15 a.m., I appreciate the quiet in my neighborhood, the ability to stroll leisurely across Hwy 99 because there is no traffic, and the chance to observe the flickering light over the village map on the bus loop.
This will all change on Feb. 1. Local bus service will be added a couple blocks away. Which will be a good thing for getting to work. Still am puzzling over how I am going to get to the lifts without a) a lot of walking, b) transferring more than once and c) a lot of walking. I'm sure I can figure it out.
I had a variety of tasks today which included manning the phones, troubleshooting, and driving. yup, I passed muster as a driver cause they needed someone to run to get a key made as an emergency. so I got to drive around the site in a VANOC vehicle, out through security, to the locksmith. Ooops, no locksmith in the office. Come back to the Village through security, get charge card to go to Rona to get key made. Back out through the security, success in key world, made friends with all security checkpoints coming back in. YESSS!!
Got to go out to the Canadian delegation to deliver some paperwork, managed a little customer service and collected some requests. fun to interact with team related folks.
A great pep talk from the head of VSS on having fun everyday. Which is what we do. I am a happy camper.
I told Tom (from Croatia) that he needed to tell more jokes because we are supposed to have fun. His response: "What do you call a snowboarder who broke up with his girlfriend?"
Answer: "homeless"

No comments:

Post a Comment